Start Your Private Cloud with EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure
With cloud computing gaining more and more traction, companies are faced with the challenge of evolving their existing, legacy IT infrastructure into an agile, automated, cloud-like infrastructure. EMC® VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure was designed with the purpose of offering customers a converged infrastructure package to tackle this exacting challenge and to start their journey to the cloud. EMC VSPEX includes cloud-ready components to deliver Compute, Storage, and Desktop ‘as a Service’ solutions.
The eCloudManager™ from fluid Operations was designed to simplify and automate daily IT operations and acts as a unified management platform for EMC VSPEX. The eCloudManager comes with patent-pending technologies that enable unprecedented unified management across IT and business stacks. It provides all the components and workflows customers need to abstract from IT complexity and to move away from the myriad of data center management tools available on the market, and instead focus on IT service delivery quality and speed.
This allows companies to offer IT services to their internal customers in a controlled, self-responsible fashion, achieve faster time to market and reduce project backlogs. IT thus becomes a key enabler for business success.
Using the eCloudManager’s open API and flexible user interface, fluidOps partners and customers can easily develop and build new appliances for different industries and customers on top of EMC VSPEX. Examples include customized solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, for the healthcare sector, etc.
The eCloudManager supports all EMC storage families, from VNXe to Symmetrix, allowing customers to also leverage their existing data center resources or to extend their data centers beyond EMC VSPEX (e.g. to EMC Symmetrix VMAX).
- ONE tool to manage EMC VSPEX for all reference architectures – VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, XEN – with the option to extend to public clouds
- IT becomes a key enabler for business success through IT as a Service – Infrastructure as a Service, Storage as a Service, Landscape as a Service and SAP as a Service with one tool
- Significant cost and time savings through automated operations – reduce and even completely eliminate manual tasks and processes
- Single pane of glass to offer a complete view of your data center, from storage, to hypervisor, to application, to business resources – extensible database schema to allow for on-demand integration of complementary data sources
- Collaboration and cross-functional view over the data center – correlation of technical and business data, documentation, knowledge bases, reports and dashboards tailored to your needs
- Self-Service access to IT as a Service – consumption of IT services without any pre- or post-configuration steps
- Metering and billing information based on real cost calculation
- Leverage of storage features for backups or hierarchical storage management to offload LAN and hypervisor