The SAP Center of Excellence collaborates with customers and partners around the world to develop working prototypes meeting complex requirements.
The SAP CoE were looking for a solution which would enable them to address the challenges of managing various resource silos in their data centers and of replicating customer environments consisting of multi‐tiered multi-system SAP enterprise application landscapes in a rapid and automated manner.
- One‐console solution leveraging innovative semantic technologies and an in‐memory database to enable the monitoring and management of the entire IT stack
- Integration of the available enterprise storage systems (NetApp and EMC), hypervisors (VMware, Hyper‐V, Xen) and enterprise applications (SAP)
- Tight storage and hypervisor integration to deliver fast system instantiation capabilities
- Lightweight application detection and monitoring
- Unified view over several data centers leading to simplified administration and increased IT efficiency
- Rapid provisioning of enterprise application workloads in physical and virtual environments within minutes as a Landscape as a Service (LaaS)™
- Early and automated detection of infrastructure failures affecting the applications, or errors at the application level
- Timely fulfillment of Service Level Agreements
“Being able to rapidly replicate customer environments meant that we could deliver more than 500 Virtual Landscapes in 2010 with an average total size of 100TB and help our customers solve their most challenging scenarios in minutes”, said Ralf Lindenlaub, Vice President Cloud Solution Services at SAP Center of Excellence / Value Prototyping.
Read case study.